After 27 years, an American player was named again as the MVP of this FIVB Club World Championship and he’s none besides AARON RUSSELL!!! Karch Kiraly was the last one through the 1991 version two years until Aaron was born.
The 25 year-old outside hitter led his Italian team staff Trentino Volley final Sunday against another Italian club staff Cucine Lube Civitanova.
Russian club staff Fakel took home the bronze against Asseco Resovia out of Poland.
2018 FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship Fantasy Team:
• Setter: Simone Gianneli (Trentino)
• Opposite: Tsvetan Sokolov (Lube)
• Middle Blockers: Robertlandy Simon (Lube) & Dragan Stankovic (Lube)
• Outside Hitters: Uros Kovacevic (Trentino) & Dmitry Volkov (Fakel)
• Libero: Jenia Grebennikov (Trentino)
• MVP: Aaron Russell (Trentino)
All of the MVPs of the FIVB Men’s Club World Championship since the introduction of the award in 1990:
In case you didn’t know, the defending champions Zenit Kazan were removed after losing their first 2 games both in 5 sets and concluded the first round with a 1-2 record.
CONGRATS TO ALL WINNERS AND TEAMS!!!