Tottenham traveling to Group B champions Barcelona understanding victory in the Nou Camp will secure their spot.
In reality, Mauricio Pochettino’s team, who now sit in their swimming pool \need to match the result of Inter Milan at home to PSV to create the last 16.
And their hopes have been boosted by information Luis Suarez won’t be risked by Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde.
“Obviously it is an important miss for Barcelona,” Pochettino stated. “He is among the best strikers in the world, together with Harry Kane. It’s a shame he won’t be enjoying\.
“Suarez has proven in different nations, notably using Liverpool in England and at Barcelona, he’s among the best strikers nowadays.”
Kieran Trippier and Serge Aurier stayed at home as equally have groin injuries. Aurier came off towards the end of Saturday’s 2-0 win against Leicester and Kyle Walker-Peters, who replaced him in the King Power Stadium, is currently in contention to take his place.
While switching to your back three is, eric Dier could also move to right-back. Erik Lamela has recovered from a thigh injury and could start.
While Barca will rest striker Luis Suarez following his knee injury, Valverde refused to be drawn on whether Lionel Messi would likewise be left out\.
Ousmane Dembele’s participation is in doubt, following the 21-year-old was punished for coming Sunday. The Frenchman – who believed in Saturday’s 4-0 win over Espanyol – is currently confronting internal disciplinary proceedings and has been made to train\.
- Matchday six is the only matchday from the Champions League group stages that Tottenham have never dropped on, winning two and drawing one of the three matches.
- Barcelona have won their Champions League set for the 12th successive year. However, the winner of Group B has only won the Champions League after (Real Madrid in 2013/14).
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last 28 house Champions League matches (W26 D2). They have scored 87 goals because run, while conceding just 13 and more than in a game.
- Tottenham are winless away from home in the Champions League this season (D1 L1) – they’ve won at least 2 off points in each preceding Champions League group stage.
- Tottenham striker Harry Kane has scored seven goals in his seven Champions League away games.
Barcelona are through but also they don’t do anyone any favours and what is that this\. Spurs will have a move but I believe in what should be a good game of soccer, that this is a game too far for them here.
Tottenham have \really dangerous players and there’ll be plenty of goals since they’ll open up the match but that will suit Barcelona with a few football because of their cup of tea.
CHARLIE PREDICTS: 4-2 – Alli to score (Sky Bet odds)