Bellator on Monday unveiled extra curricular bouts for its first event in the newly launched U.K., Ireland and Western Europe struggle series. Taking place on Saturday, Feb. 9 at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, England, the stacked card is filled up with home grown and international talent.
Joining headliners Ryan Scope and Patricky “Pitbull” on the major card is Terry “The Dominator” Brazier(10-1), that will face Chris Bungard (11-4) within an all-British light weight conflict. In yet another home grown affair, middleweights Fabian “The Assassin” Edwards (5-0) and Lee “The Butcher” Chadwick (24-1-13) will meet in a primary card middleweight bout.
In the prelims, local light heavy weight, James “The Juggernaut” Mulheron (11-2), is up against Arunas Andriuskevicus (14-4), whilst Jim “Judo” Wallhead (29-11) makes his return to MMA actions against fellow welterweight, Lewis “The Foot” Long (16-5).
Earning his highly-anticipated Bellator introduction, rsquo London &; s Terry Brazier is an former BAMMA winner and is presently enjoying a rich vein of shape, riding a winning series. Having secured four of his past five wins throughout the Warriors ’ decision, Brazier will probably want to go back to the spectacular first round knockout type of his first five professional MMA charms which earned him the nick name “The Dominator&rdquo.
Standing between Brazier and a successive success will be Chris Bungard making his initial appearance. Struggling from this Hit program, Bungard has enjoyed wins and has a reputation for being a thrilling light weight.
As he looks to maintain his 100% record in professional MMA, fabian Edwards, brother of UFC & rsquo; s Leon Edwards, is seeking a sixth straight win. The highly-touted middle weight, who trains in Birmingham alongside Tom Breese brother Leon and friend Aaron Chalmers, provides his match to the Metro Radio Arena.
A veteran of the game, lee Chadwick, will provide a stern challenge to Edwards. Wining 2 4 of his 38 professional MMA charms, Chadwick has seen him struggle for promotions and & rsquo; s career spans two decades, including Cage Warriors, BAMMA along with ACB. With over fifty percent of his career wins coming via submission, Chadwick can be expected to examine Edwards’ skills on the ground as he looks to extend his series.
Besides the aforementioned bouts, Cal Ellenor will confront Nathan Greyson in a bantamweight bout; Colin Fletcher will confront Mehrdad Janzemini in a welterweight bout; Ashley Reece will Accept John Ross in a welterweight bout; Dominique Wooding faces Bailey Gilbert in a featherweight bout; Nathan Rose takes on Ranjeet Baria in a featherweight bout; whilst heavyweights Darren Towler along with Paul Elliott will Accept Karl Etherington and Mindaugas Gerve respectively.
- Light Weight Main-event: Patricky “Pit-bull ” Freire (17-4) vs. Ryan Scope (11-1)
- Lightweight Co-main Event: Aaron Chalmers (4-0) vs. TBD
- Light Weight bout: Terry Brazier (10-1) vs. Chris Bungard (11-4)
- Middleweight bout: Fabian Edwards (5-0) vs. Lee Chadwick (24-1-13)
- Light Heavy Weight bout: James Mulheron (11-2) vs. Arunas Andriuskevicus (14-4)
- Bantamweight bout: Cal Ellenor (7-2) vs. Nathan Greyson (6-2)
- Welterweight bout: Colin Fletcher (16-10) vs. Mehrdad Janzemini (9-3)
- Welterweight bout: Ashley Reece (6 1 ) vs. John Ross (1-0)
- Featherweight bout: Dominique Wooding (52 ) vs. Bailey Gilbert (0-1)
- Featherweight bout: Nathan Rose (6 1 ) vs. Ranjeet Baria (3-0)
- Heavyweight bout: Darren Towler (10-8) vs. Karl Etherington (14-3)
- Heavyweight bout: Paul Elliott (2-0) vs. Mindaugas Gerve (32 )