Callum Wilson won’t be sold by Bournemouth during the January transfer window, director Eddie Howe states.

The England striker, 27, played his club 1-0 defeat by Chelsea at the Carabao Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday.

Before the match, Blues assistant manager Gianfranco Zola said Wilson had been”of interest” to Chelsea and”lots of clubs”.

I believe that you might note that with his performance,” said Howe.

When asked whether there wasn’t any scenario which could see Bournemouth sell him in January, then Howe added:”Not from my view, no.”

Wilson came close to scoring in Stamford Bridge but pulled a 15th-minute shot just wide as his team missed from reaching the semi-finals of a big cup competition for the very first time in their own history.

He has scored two goals in 19 matches in all competitions such as the Cherries in 2013 and netted on his England debut against the USA in November.

Zola believes the forwards, who combined Bournemouth pound & for;3m from Coventry City in 2014,”might go a long way” in the match.

“He is strong, fast, and he sees the target,” added Zola.

“I love him because he’s also strong in the air, which is a very important quality, but that I really don’t wish to really go in to it too much.

“He is doing very well and I am pleased for him.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here