(Due to BellatorMMA)
On Saturday, Bellator MMA was back at the Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, for its next event of a doubleheader weekend. Women’s flyweight winner Ilima-Lei Macfarlane retained her title in front of a hometown crowd in the Bellator 213 main event.
Macfarlane defeated veteran Valerie Letourneau by submission in the third round. After a slow start, Macfarlane secured an early takedown in the third stage. She took Letourneau’s back and worked tirelessly to lock on a rear-naked choke before moving to a arm bar. She then transitioned to a triangle forcing Letourneau to tap out.
From the co-main occurrence, former UFC light heavyweight winner Lyoto Machida forced his promotional introduction against Rafael Carvalho. Machida stayed helpless during the first two frames as Carvalho pressured him. From the third round, Machida utilized his underrated wrestling ability to simply take Carvalho to generate a split decision victory.
See the Bellator 213: Macfarlane vs. Letourneau battle highlights in the video, Thanks to Bellator MMA.
Bellator returns in January in California, at which Fedor Emelianenko and light heavyweight winner Ryan Bader will battle to see who wins the Bellator World Heavyweight Grand Prix and lays claim to the heavyweight championship.
- Ilima-Lei Macfarlane def. Valérie Létourneau by submission (triangle choke) in 3:19, R-3
- Lyoto Machida def.
- Neiman Gracie def. Ed Ruth by by submission (rear-naked choke) in 2:15 R-4
- Liam McGeary def. Muhammad Lawal by KO (punches) in 0:53, R-3
- Nainoa Dung def. Kona Oliveira by TKO (punches) in 2:05, R-3
- Dustin Barca def.
- Maki Pitolo def. Chris Cisneros by submission (rear-naked choke) in 2:40, R-3
- Kai Kamaka III def. Shojin Miki by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)