Liverpool are just six points away from Tottenham towards the very top after big wins for both sides – combined with Manchester City’s shock defeat at Leicester.
Here we look at a few of the most intriguing stats ahead from Wednesday’s matches, since Pep Guardiola continues to despise December, Tottenham match Arsenal’s 1983-84 side, Joe Hart closes on a personal record and much more…
- Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic had seven attempts on goal from the first 50% their 1-1 draw with Wolves, probably the most of any player within first 45 minutes of a Premier League game this year. He neglected to score.
- Burnley have conceded 41 goals in 19 matches in the league this past season after their 5-1 defeat by Everton. They only let in 3-9 from the entire of past term. Joe Hart, who has surrendered most them, has only let in more goals in a Premier League season – 42 in 2009 10.
- Crystal Palace had 31 shots in their goalless draw Cardiff, their own greatest tally in a Premier League game since 2003-04. This was the joint Cardiff have confronted at a Premier League game – level with a match against Norwich in October 2013… which also finished 0-0.
- That game was the first Premier League meeting between 2 managers aged over 70, with Cardiff boss Neil Warnock aged 70 years 25 days and Crystal Palace’s Roy Hodgson aged 71 years 139 days. Every one of Hodgson’s five Premier League matches on 26 December have ended 0-0.
- Six Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola’s 11 Premier League beats have come in December, following their 2-1 loss to Leicester. After beating Newcastle 4-0, they have been only the fourth team to be adept at the halfway point of a Premier League season.
- Subsequent to the 3-1 win over Huddersfield, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is just the fifth Manchester United director to win his first two league games accountable, after TJ Wallworth, Sir Matt Busby, Dave Sexton and… Jose Mourinho.
- Huddersfield are only the fourth Premier League club to lose six games in one thirty day period, with the other three all in April (Norwich – 1995, Wimbledon – 2, 000, Leicester – 2001).
- Tottenham will not mind because they overcome Bournemouth 5-0 but they have been without a draw after 1 9 Premier League matches this year. The final team to get so long a watch to get a draw in a top flight season were Arsenal in 1983-84 (also 1-9 games).
- Christian Eriksen has helped Harry Kane 18 times from the Premierleague – just Frank Lampard to Didier Drogba (24), Darren Anderton to Teddy Sheringham (20) along with Steve McManaman to Robbie Fowler (20) have assisted a Teammate more in the competition’s history.