HUMBOLDT, Saskatchewan — Nathan Oystrick has stepped down as coach and general director of the Humboldt Broncos.
The 36-year-old Regina native was hired in July, three weeks later 16 members of their junior baseball team — including trainer Darcy Haugan — were murdered while the team’s bus and also a semi-truck collided in a rural intersection along the road to a play off match.
At a tweet, Oystrick said:”Despite the extreme tension and steady pressure of working together with the company, ” I gave them everything that I could and am pleased with the performance, and mine, this season.”
Oystrick said additional information will follow along.
Ryan Straschnitzki, that was one of 13 survivors in April if the Humboldt Broncos’ team bus was hit by a semitrailer, was”all good” after his bus had been rearended by a truck earlier this week, his father said.
For the first time simply because they were also paralyzed within an April bus wreck, Humboldt Broncos players Ryan Straschnitzki and also Jacob Wassermann will need the ice for a sled hockey display in Denver on Friday.
Sukhmander Singh, the owner of Adesh Deol Trucking, was charged with noncompliance with safety regulations in connection to the Humboldt Broncos bus wreck crisis.
A statement published by the Broncos Friday said that the team and Oystrick have decided to”part ways.”
“The Broncos want to thank Nathan to his job with the company and wish him the very best in all his future endeavors,” the team said in the announcement.
The Broncos promoted 39-year-old helper trainer Scott Barney to sag trainer.
Neither Oystrick nor the team also have said why they’ve made the decision to part ways.