The German may be the most prosperous F1 driver and acquired a list 9 1 Grands Prix.
In 2013 he suffered serious head injuries in a skiing accident and hasn’t yet been seen in public as.
“We’re doing everything possible to help him,” his family said in an announcement on Wednesday.
The previous Ferrari driver has been treated in his home in Switzerland, but little is known about his recovery.
A go to Ferrari in 1996 culminated in an unparalleled phase of success, winning five successive names from 2000-04.
He temporarily retired in 2006, but returned with Mercedes in 2010 for three seasons, before retiring for a second time.
“Not only did [Michael] set an amazing album – a record that’s yet to be defeated, but in addition, he shaped and changed the game for ever,” explained Wolff.
“As a driver, Michael chose f 1 to a whole new level along with all his attention to detail along with his technical knowledge.
“He did everything together with great conclusion, from his engineering debriefs into his physical practice, and was always searching for new approaches to better his on-track performance.”
Even though he never won a race together with Mercedes,” Wolff credits Schumacher together with being the”certainly one of the founding fathers of the success that we have had in the previous five years” which has seen the club win five successive names.
Schumacher’s relatives have published the state Michael Schumacher App, which is described as a”virtual museum” of their motorist’s achievements, while Ferrari have opened a special exhibition in their museum in Italy.
His daughter Gina posted on Instagram, with all the concept:”Happy Birthday to the best dad.”
Schumacher’s livelihood in numbers
- 7 – a record number of world championship wins – 2 together with Benetton in 1994 and 1995, along with five in a row for Ferrari from 2000 to 2004.
- 9 1 – race wins, from 306 starts – he remains 18 free from second-placed Lewis Hamilton about the all-time list.
- 68 – pole positions, a record beaten by Hamilton in 20 17.
- 1-5 – successive seasons having a grand prix triumph, from 1992 into 2006. It is a record – three transparent of Hamilton. His seven wins in Canada and San Marino may also be unmatched by any other driver.
- 43 – age when he drove in his final grandprix, in Brazil in 2012. He originally retired in 2006 but returned three decades later.