Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham Hotspur need assistance from football bosses after his side were awarded fewer to organize because of their Champions League last 16 second leg tie compared to hosts Borussia Dortmund.
“It is strange that nobody has stated such a thing about this,” said Pochettino.
“It is hopeless that one team has 24 hours more to organize. It’s massive.”
The Spurs boss continued:”We need assistance from the FA, we need assistance from the Premier League.
“I really actually don’t know whose fault it really is. I don’t understand whether it may be the FA, the Premier League, the club or the club television [that ] wanted the matches to be about days past .”
After beating the Bundesliga leaders 3-0 at home spurs appear to be. Son Heung Min put the Premier League side ahead with Fernando Llorente along with Jan Vertonghen adding objectives that are late.
No unwanted have won 3-0 to a Champions League home knockout game and have been pumped out.
But Pochettino has told his team to start the game.
“All of us concur that first of all we need to perform on Tuesday. It will be rough, we need to forget about the first leg, that needs to be our approach,” he said.
“I think we must play like always, strive to win. We can’t take into account the first leg. Be more aggressive and it’s so important to begin the game at a great level. That is key.”
Dortmund captain Marco Reus said:”I believe that we’re capable of achieving the impossible.
“There have already been some matches at this arena which have history. We’ll have to visit our limits if we are to find the aims in the perfect moments.”
Dortmund are with one victory in seven games in all competitions, since they have slipped to high Bayern Munich on goal difference, in an awful streak of form.
Boss Lucian Favre said:”We need to sort out it. We must not let in any targets. We’ll need a performance and might have to play intelligently too. Everything’s possible.”
Right-back Kieran Trippier was left home with a”slight problem” based on Pochettino.
- Tottenham have won his previous experiences with Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League, twice in last season’s collection stages and at the first leg.
- Borussia Dortmund surrendered more goals in the first leg against Tottenham than they did at the whole group stages (two).
- Borussia Dortmund have lost 10 of the past 13 Champions League knockout games (W3), after losing just 1 of their previous 14 (W9 D4).
- Tottenham have scored in each of their past 17 Champions League games, their longest streak in the contest. They will have also just ever lost one game at the Champions League (out of 3-1 played) by greater than two clear goals, against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu at April 2011 (4-0).
- Tottenham’s Son Heung Min has scored nine goals in 11 games in all competitions against Borussia Dortmund, significantly more than he has against some other side in his senior club livelihood.
Spurs’ odds of going through
Simon Gleave, mind of athletics analysis, Grace Note
Tottenham’s 3-0 triumph at Wembley has changed that picture though with Spurs currently given a 93% chance of accomplishing the quarterfinals. Real Madrid Manchester City and Paris St Germain would be the only teams with a opportunity than Spurs of a location in the past eight.