UFC on ESPN+ 6: Thompson vs. Pettis lands in Music City for a fervent welterweight showdown. Stephen “wonder boy ” Thompson and Anthony “show time ” Pettis are each trying to get a statement since the UFC creates its way back again to Nashville, Tenn..
On Fridaythe 24 athletes competing on the struggle card officially weighed one fighter missing the mark. Luiz Pena tipped the scales 2.5 pounds deep due to his featherweight bout against Steven Peterson.
Thompson is really just a two time welterweight championship challenger, but has been unsuccessful in taking the belt away from Tyron Woodley. Now Kamaru Usman holds the buckle, nevertheless, Thompson sees a very clear path to another title shot into his future, but he’ll have to have through Pettis to create it happen.
As an former UFC and WEC lightweight champion, Pettis is earning his own promotional welterweight introduction in Nashville, looking to knock off Thompson and acquire his mojo back since he attempts a belt at a brand new fat class.
The UFC on ESPN+ 6 co-main event features heavyweights Curtis Blaydes and Justin Willis, that are making an effort to crash to account talk.
UFC on ESPN+ 6 takes place on Saturday, March 23, in Bridgestone Arena at Nashville.
Main Card (8 pm ET on ESPN+)
- Stephen Thompson (170.5) vs. Anthony Pettis (171)
- Curtis Blaydes (262) vs. Justin Willis (266)
- John Makdessi (154) vs. Jesus Pinedo (155.5)
- Jussier Formiga (126) vs. Deiveson Figueiredo (126)
- Luis Peña (148.5) vs. Steven Peterson (146)
- Maycee Barber (126) vs. JJ Aldrich (125)
Prelims (5 p.m. ET on ESPN+)
- Bryce Mitchell (145.5) vs. Bobby Moffett (145.5)
- Frankie Saenz (135.5) vs. Marlon Vera (135.5)
- Alexis Davis (125) vs. Jennifer Maia (126)
- Randa Markos (116) vs. Angela Hill (116)
- Ryan MacDonald (135.5) vs. Chris Gutierrez (135.5)
- Eric Shelton (126) vs. Jordan Espinosa (126)