Kubrat Pulev desired to send a resounding message into the huge names of the heavy weight division, and then he did so by scoring a powerful knockout victory facing a soldout crowd at The Hangar.
(Photo Credit: Mikey Williams / Top Rank))
After recovering by a flurry of punches that caused a dangerous cut his left eyebrow in the fourth installment, the Bulgarian rival blasted Bogdan Dinu by technical knockout at 2:40 of their seventh round.
“This really is just part of being in a struggle. The cut wasn’t such a significant issue. Sometimes blood makes me very hungry”, said Pulevsaid “” I was very well prepared. I was ready for anything. Only at that moment I feel I will do anything inside the ring. I revealed very good boxing skills. Additionally, I revealed I have good punching power and also a fantastic strategy”.
MAGDALENO DOMINATES RAMOS
In his featherweight introduction, former world winner Jessie Magdaleno returned into the winning path by scoring a unanimous decision victory over former world title holder Rico Ramos to catch the WBC USNBC Featherweight name. It is Magdaleno’s fight since losing his WBO super bantamweight domain in April of 2018 against Isaac Dogboe.
“” I returned from a long lay off and felt great against a tough opponent and also a former world champion”, said Magdalenosaid “Ramos is really just a superb fighter, so that was a former world champion for a reason, however, to night just 1 of us could come out victorious, and that has been me. Now I’m likely to sit with my own team, go back to the drawing board, and determine what I must keep working on to develop into a world champion once more ”.
In other action:
• Top 140-pound rival Maxim Dadashev (13-0, 11 KOs) scored an amazing technical knockout victory against Ricky Sismundo (35-13-3, 17 KOs) in 2:30 of this fourth round.
• southafrican welterweight rival Chris Van Heerden (27-2-1, 12 KOs) defeated Mahonry Montes (35-9-1, 24 KOs) via technical inaugural decision after an accidental clash of minds forced the Army to stop the struggle at 1:44 of their first round round.
• Unbeaten Mexican rival Erick De León (19-0-1, 11 KOs) retrieved by a flash knockdown in the fifth round to evaluate a seventh-round technical knockout victory against Jose Luis Gallegos (16-6, 12 KOs) in an eight-round junior lightweight struggle.
• Undefeated potential Tervel Pulev (13-0, 11 KOs), brother of heavy weight contender Kubrat Pulev, scored a unanimous decision victory against Mitch Williams (16-8-3) in a six-round cruiserweight struggle.
• Javier Molina (19-2, 8 KOs) notched a unanimous decision victory against Abdiel Ramirez (24-4-1, 22 KOs) in an eight-round super-lightweight struggle.
• Middleweight potential David Kaminsky improved to 4-0 with a unanimous decision over Estevan Payan (1-7-1, 1 KO).