Victorious primary event and co-main event boxers Anthony Pettis along with Curtis Blaydes were just one of a group of five fighters to become issued potential 180-day clinical suspensions within the wake of UFC Nashville.
The Tennessee Athletic Commission released the big event ’s graduated medical suspension record to MMA Fighting on Monday.
Pettis scored a stunning second-round knock out of Stephen Thompson at night’s main event, while Blaydes dominated Justin Willis enroute to a lopsided unanimous decision win from your card’s co-headlining bout. As a result of potential damage sustained in the competitions, both fighters will undoubtedly soon likely be made to seek medical aid to their various prospective injuries (Pettis, ENT clearance; Blaydes, right-wing ) or sit-out 180 weeks before returning to active rivalry, per Tennessee commission officials.
Besides Pettis and Blaydes, three other fighters to the card received similar potential 180-day clinical suspensions: Luis Pena (straight shoulder and right lower ribs), Maycee Barber (righthand ), along with JJ Aldrich (ophthalmologist clearance).
An entire collection of UFC Nashville’s medical suspensions is seen below.
- Anthony Pettis: Requires clearance from ENT or frozen 180 days; mandatory 30-day suspension
- Curtis Blaydes: Requires x-ray and physician clearance on right foot or frozen 180 days; mandatory 30-day suspension
- Luis Pena: Requires physician clearance on right shoulder and right lower ribs or frozen 180 days; mandatory 30-day suspension
- Maycee Barber: Requires x-ray and physician clearance on right hand or frozen 180 days; mandatory 30-day suspension
- JJ Aldrich: Requires ophthalmologist clearance or frozen 180 days; mandatory 60-day suspension because of TKO
- Stephen Thompson: Mandatory 60-day suspension because of KO; frozen 30 days no touch
- Frankie Saenz: Mandatory 60-day suspension because of TKO; frozen 30 days no touch
- Steven Peterson: Suspended 4-5 days because of hard bout
- Justin Willis: Suspended 30 days because of hard bout
- Jesus Pinedo: Suspended 30 days because of hard bout, remainder for left leg hematoma; frozen Fortnight no touch
- Jussier Formiga: Mandatory 30-day suspension for left scalp laceration
- Alexis Davis: Mandatory 30-day suspension for left scalp laceration; frozen Fortnight no touch
- Bobby Moffett: Suspended 2 Weeks due to hard bout, 7days no touch