Conor-mcgregor tweeted that which seemed like a retirement statement Monday night, even though it’s unclear if that’s his true intention.
“Hey guys quick statement, I’ve chose to retire from the sport formally known as “mixed-martial Art” today,” McGregor wrote in the article. “I wish all my older colleagues well going forward in rivalry. I join my former partners on this venture, in retirement. Proper Pina Coladas on me fellas! ”
Hey guys quick statement, I’ve chose to retire from the sport formally known as “mixed-martial Art” today.
I wish all my older colleagues well going forward in rivalry.
I join my former partners on this venture, in retirement.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) March 26, 2019
McGregor, 30, has been connected to a potential fight with Donald Cerrone for July, but Cerrone was booked a week against Al Iaquinta to get a card in May. The follow-up there was apparently the fact that the UFC wanted McGregor to stay the co-main event, which he turned down. McGregor said last week he’d struggle in the co-main event if he got shares in the UFC.
McGregor, the former two-division UFC champion and the most important lure UFC history, continue fought UFC 229 in October, falling in a lightweight title fight to Khabib Nurmagomedov by fourth-round submission. He was suspended and fined by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) after that struggle because of his role in a post-bout melee, but would be eligible to compete next month.
Earlier this month, McGregor was detained in Miami for supposedly beating the phone of a guy who was simply attempting to have an image of him outside a hotel. McGregor is now being sued by the exact same man.
“The Notorious” was on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on Monday night and made no overtures about retirement. Actually, he explained was in discussions to struggle this particular summer.
“So we’ll see what happens. The fight game is really a mad game. But again, like I mentioned, as well as my fans, I am in shape and I am ready. ”
McGregor did say he doesn’t have to struggle out of a financial standpoint, because of his past success — he’s likely the highest-paid UFC fighter ever — and the profitability of his Proper 1 2 whiskey.
“Actually, I can pick who I please,” McGregor said of opponents. “I’ve done alot, I’t fought a great deal. I’ve never pulled out of competitions. I’ve moved through some crazy injuries, a few crazy external situations that most a man would sprint for the hills if it happened to them. But then I stood firm, done my slice for the provider. … Like I said, this whiskey is my own baby. I have a good deal of great entities. I don’t even necessarily must struggle. I am set for life, my children is set for life. We are good. But I will be excited to fight. So, we’ll see what happens. I’m only staying ready, as I want to convey. ”
A request for comment from McGregor’s Paradigm management firm was not immediately returned Monday night.
This isn’t the first time McGregor has tweeted retirement. Back in 20-16 , he fired off a now famous tweet, saying he was stepping away from the Octagon after the UFC pulled him in UFC 200 following his unwillingness to move onto a media tour.
“” I decided to retire young,” McGregor tweeted them. “Thanks for that cheese. Catch ya’s afterward. ”
I have decided to retire .
Thanks to this cheese.
Catch ya’s later.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 19, 20-16