GROUP B PREVIEW: It is tight at the top of Group B as nothing is set in stone ahead of the final round of matches
Hannover and Nexe clash to claim quarter-final spot
The formula for Wednesday’s Round 6 game is simple; if Hannover win, they will progress to the Men’s EHF Cup Quarter-finals. If not, their opponents RK Nexe advance.
Next also have a chance to win Group B, should they take the two points and Rabotnik can upset Tatabanya on Sunday.
TSV Hannover-Burgdorf (GER) vs RK Nexe (CRO)
Wednesday 27 March, 20:30 hrs local time, live on ehfTV.com
- the home team can only qualify for the quarter-finals with a victory
- while Nexe’s defence worked well in the first three rounds, they conceded 29 goals in each of their previous two defeats
- victory for Nexe could also see them win the group, depending on Sunday’s result
Grundfos Tatabánya KC (HUN) vs HC Eurofarm Rabotnik (MKD)
Sunday 31 March, 15:00 local time, live on ehfTV.com
- the hosts are already in the quarter-finals while Rabotnik will bid farewell to their first EHF Cup campaign
- Tatabánya left wing Milos Vujovic in great form with 48 goals in seven matches
- a draw or victory for the Hungarian side will secure group victory
TEXT: Bela Müller / cor