The 2014 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion has also made no secret of his own interest at a television career — but maybe not yet.

“I’m not getting out of the race car,” Harvick, 43, said Friday at Texas Motor Speedway. “I feel very comfortable with where I’m at, at the race car, where my home life is. I feel fairly convinced that being a part of television side is something that I wish to accomplish at the near future but it’s definitely not likely to occur at the next number of yearsI could tell you that.

“We have a great deal of things that are going very well, the race car is one among them. There’s no way that happens.

Harvick ignored reports he is an imminent replacement for Waltrip, or anyone else for that matter. “It’s merely someone looking for a headline,” he also said.

Harvick said he’s a number of contracts — including with his StewartHaas Racing team — that extend through the 2021 season. His current competitiveness additionally gives him no reason to rush into retirement, he also said.

Harvick is now seen his only Cup title and 22 of his 4-5 career Cup wins come since his 38th birthday. He’s currently ranked third at the 2019 Cup series standings.

“The longer you talk to individuals who retired and did things it’s consistently like, ‘Man, I wish I would have just remained from the competitive situation I had been in and never tried to accomplish some thing different or cease too early,’ ” he said.

“There’so much to do with being competitive in this game, there’so much to do with experience. In case it’s definitely good, why wouldn’t you wish to keep going? There’s way too many things that I still enjoy about it.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here