UFC on ESPN two: Barboza vs. Gaethje marks the Best Fighting Championship’s return to the Town of Brother Love for first time because UFC 133 at 2011, when Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz has been the Primary occasion. It is the 2nd promotional foray onto ESPN’s flagship network and the fight card is currently official after Friday’s weigh in.
The fighters hit on the scales Friday afternoon with a single particular fighter overlooking weight. Ray Borg switched to the scales at 137.25 lbs, 1.25 within the bantamweight limitation.
A fiery light weight bout between top contenders Edson Barboza and Justin Gaethje takes top billing in Philadelphia. Both men are know for their volatile displays that are outstanding, however if it is going to perform in this manner is anyone’so guess, since they’re also fighting to stay relevant from the 155-pound branch ’s name picture.
Barboza (20-6) had his championship ambitions crushed by back-to-back reductions to Khabib Nurmagomedov and Kevin Lee. Nurmagomedov is currently the reigning UFC light weight winner.
Gaethje (19-2) exploded onto the UFC scene after and undefeated beginning to his career that resulted in a global Series of penalizing title conduct. He also had his advancement stopped by 2 consecutive losses. He dropped bouts to Eddie Alvarez along with Dustin Poirier. Alvarez has proceeded to 1 Championship, while Poirier is supposed to fight featherweight champion Max Holloway to the interim UFC lightweight title at UFC 236 next month at Atlanta.
The UFC on ESPN two includes middle-weight veterans David Branch and Jack Hermansson, but most eyeballs will be glued to the characteristic battle between top strawweight contenders Karolina Kowalkiewicz along with Michelle Waterson.
- Edson Barboza (155.5) vs. Justin Gaethje (155.5)
- David Branch (185.5) vs. Jack Hermansson (185)
- Josh Emmett (145.75) vs. Michael Johnson (146)
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz (114.75) vs. Michelle Waterson (115.5)
- Kennedy Nzechukwu (205.5) vs. Paul Craig (205)
- Sodiq Yusuff (145.5) vs. Sheymon Moraes (145)
- Marina Rodriguez (114.75) vs. Jessica Aguilar (115.25)
- Ross Pearson (155.25) vs. Desmond Green (155)
- Enrique Barzola (145) vs. Kevin Aguilar (145)
- Kevin Holland (185) vs. Gerald Meerschaert (185.5)
Historical Prelims (3:30 p.m. ET on ESPN)
- Ray Borg (137.25) vs. Casey Kenney (135.5)
- Sabina Mazo (125.5) vs. Maryna Moroz (125.5)
- Alex Perez (135.25) vs. Mark De La Rosa (135.5)