(Register to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube)
Former Bellator featherweight champion Daniel Straus came back out of a horrible motorcycle accident, fighting for first time in more than annually in Bellator 219 on Friday, March 29, in Temecula, California. Straus won his bout with Shane Kruchten, looking as if he hadn’t even jumped a beat in returning to championship shape for the final.
Brandon Girtz defeated Saad Awad in the Bellator 219 major event, hoping to finally emerge in the rough patch that watched him shed four of the former five fights.
- Brandon Girtz (16-8) defeated Saad Awad (23-11) via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Daniel Straus (25-8, 1 NC) defeated Shane Kruchten (12-5) via entry (rear-naked choke) in 3:53 of around one
- Andrey Koreshkov (22-3) defeated Mike Jasper (13-5) via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Joe Schilling (4-5) defeated Keith Berry (15-15-1, 1 NC) via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Joey Davis (5-0) defeated Marcus Anthony (1-1) via KO (punch) in 4:21 of around one
- Dalton Rosta (1-0) defeated Cody Vidal (12 ) via TKO (harm ) in 1:06 of around one
- David Rickels (21-5, 2 NC) defeated A.J. Matthews (9-9) via TKO in 3:24 of round two
- Darren Smith Jr. (16-10) defeated Joshua Jones (8-4) via knockout (punches) in:34 of around one
- John Mercurio (9-8) defeated Johnny Cisneros (12-7) via bulk decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Rickey Furar (4 1 ) deteated Roman Puga (1-1) via TKO (doctor stoppage) in 5:00 of round two
- Sunni Imhotep (1-0) defeated Eugene Correa (0-2) via KO (punch) in:44 of around one
- David Pacheco (1-0) vs. Kelvin Gentapanan (Pro Debut) was cancelled by CSAC, as Pacheco weighed in above the allotted limitation on combat day.