Washington Redskins linebacker Reuben Foster won’t be suspended, the NFL announced Friday, but he is going to be penalized the equivalent of 2 match checks. Foster will accept the nice, opting not to allure the NFL’s decision, ” a source told ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
The charges dropped but the NFL continued to inquire into the specific problem to see whether Foster warranted a suspension under the personal conduct policy.
He had been suspended for its first two games of last year to get misdemeanor gun charge and a misdemeanor marijuana charge. The sanfrancisco 49ers released him the day after he had been detained in November; the Redskins claimed him off waivers two weeks later, a movement that resulted in controversy. Foster was placed on the commissioner list and missed the final five games.
A first-round selection in 2016, foster, can now join his team mates when they start off season workouts. He is likely to start at linebacker.
In a statement, the NFL said,”Foster has acknowledged that he is accountable for his actions, and he’s devoted to a comprehensive liability plan developed by the league, the NFLPA, and the Washington Redskins to help him grow and steer clear of future misconduct. Foster was counseled that any future incidents will likely result in larger discipline.”
Said the team has guidelines in place. In a statement, he said those plans contain encounters with all the group chaplain meetings with all the player-engagement manager of the club and counseling.
“Reuben understands that his past actions have led a lot of people to overlook him,” Allen said in the statement. “He has devoted to doing the job required to generate the trust of his team mates, our amazing fans, and the NFL.
“we’ve been quite clear with Reuben that his past does not need to determine his future but the responsibility is squarely on him to change”
Foster said in a statement,”I am truly sorry for my past actions and the men and women who may have been hurt by these… I am focused on not letting you down.”